Deviled Eggs with Everything Spice
A brunch favorite, we keep them simple with a little touch of Everything Spice on top. The filling can be spooned or piped in. If you are making them ahead of time, keep the filling separate from the whites until the day you are serving them to keep the filling from getting runny.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise + more as needed
- 2 teaspoons mustard (Dijon will give you a spicy deviled egg, whole grain mustard will be more mild) + more to taste, if needed
- ½ teaspoon dry fine herbs (An herb blend of tarragon, chervil, chives, and parsley. Our favorite comes from Oaktown spice company. Herbs de Provence, dried tarragon and/or chives can also be used.)
- Pinch paprika
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Everything Spice
- Cayenne, to taste
Start eggs in a large pot of boiling water and cook for 13 minutes, then plunge into ice bath until cooled.
- Peel eggs and cut each egg in half, lengthwise. In a small bowl mash yolk with fork until very smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and two teaspoons of mustard. Mix well. If yolks are still too dry add mayonnaise by the teaspoon. Season with herbs, paprika, and lemon zest, adding more to taste.
- Fill whites with yolks either with piping bag or spoon. Sprinkle with Everything Spice and paprika before serving.
Packed with delicious, fresh and easy-to-execute recipes, our cookbook opens up a new world of eating options for anyone contending with SIBO, IBS or other gut health issues. Every recipe follows Low Fermentation Eating and is designed to maintain your microbiome balance and bring back the joy of eating.