Protein Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
Somewhere between a pancake and a crêpe, these thin vanilla-scented treats are a crowd pleaser. They reheat and freeze beautifully if you happen to have any leftovers. Add an extra ¼ cup almond milk to make extra-thin crêpes.
- 1 cup lactose-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup almond or lactose-free milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup water
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or to taste
Blend all pancake ingredients together in a blender for 1 minute until batter is smooth. Scrape blender with a spatula and blend for another 30 seconds. Heat a non-toxic, non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to pour batter into pan. Cook on each side until golden.
- To make compote, combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until compote has thickened.
- Serve pancakes alongside bowl of compote for people to spoon on top of their pancake stacks.
Packed with delicious, fresh and easy-to-execute recipes, our cookbook opens up a new world of eating options for anyone contending with SIBO, IBS or other gut health issues. Every recipe follows Low Fermentation Eating and is designed to maintain your microbiome balance and bring back the joy of eating.