Zucchini & Parmesan Salad
From The Good LFE Cookbook, as with all our recipes, this Zucchini & Parmesan Salad recipe follows the Low Fermentation Eating diet and are designed to be SIBO and IBS friendly while promoting gut health.
An invigorating, elegant use of summer's abundance of zucchini. Serves 6-8.
- 3 zucchini + 3 carrots, peeled into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch mint, chiffonaded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved into strips with vegetable peeler
- 1 recipe Dijon Vinaigrette, using about 2 tablespoons for this recipe
For the dressing, place shallots and vinegar in a small jar and marinate until shallots turn bright pink - about 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, screw lid on jar, and shake until well combined.
- Combine carrots, zucchini, radishes, and mint in a large bowl. Toss vegetables with a light coat of dressing. Season to taste with salt and ground pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese shavings and shallots.
Discover Hundreds of LFE Recipes in The Good LFE Cookbook
Packed with delicious, fresh and easy-to-execute recipes, our cookbook opens up a new world of eating options for anyone contending with SIBO, IBS or other gut health issues. Every recipe follows Low Fermentation Eating and is designed to maintain your microbiome balance and bring back the joy of eating.